Monday, March 10, 2008

"Hey, can you...."

So the topic for discussion today is employers. I like my present employers very much. They are fun, energetic and we work well together. Take note: I do actually like them. Ok, read on. But there are times when their unorganization drives me nuts. Really drives me nuts. I am an organized person and I like to do things in an order. You can say that I'm a little obsessive complusive if you want, but sometimes I just need to not be working there. They drive me nuts. Did I already say that???

Anyway, I am leaving March 25th and my last day will be March 21st. I told them the middle of February that I would be leaving. That's a long time right??? I'm just checking because it seems that just this week they have potentially "hired" someone to do my job (I chuckle inside...). This person will be starting on Wednesday and I'm supposed to show them how I do my job. HAR DE HAR HAR. I do so many things that it's going to take FOREVER to show someone how to do it. I do things all the time that I bet no one even knows about. I'm the kind of person that sees something that needs to be done and I just get it done. So.....on to the title and main reason.

With all of this backstory complete, today around 6:30 (when I leave at 6:30) my boss calls me and asks the following question which leads to this discussion.

My Boss: "Hey, can you stay an extra week?"
My head: (Um...HELL NO!!)
My actual response: "No, I'm leaving the next week."
My Boss: "Ok, I didn't think so but I wanted to ask"
My head again: (YOU'RE CRAZY!!!)
My actual response: "Sorry"

My boss constantly tries to guilt trip me into staying. She doesn't want me to leave. She tells everyone there to try and persuade me to stay. Although I appreciate her needing and wanting me to stay, she's doing it way too much. I can't take it anymore. It seems like she expects me to give 150% even though I'm already giving 110%. I quote Star Trek, "She can't take it anymore Captain!!" Oh, and this is the best part.......I'm leaving right?? Ok ok, so she asked me a week or so ago if I wanted to come in and work with them on Saturday or Sunday to get some work done. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously? You're kidding me right? I'm leaving, it's not going to happen. I laugh again, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

So, I would just like to ask all of those boss' out there to remember that their employees can only do so much. The rest of the work will have to get done some other way. I think they're called Temps?? I'm just saying.....

2 comments:

Alison said...

You quoted Star Trek. *head shake* I think you're losing it. Best to break from them at the planned time, if not sooner!

Rhia Jean said...

You didn't want to work on a Saturday or a Sunday? Why? :)