Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!!!

So today I went to the temple. I went to Ogden (in case you were wondering). It was a very nice temple. It's very unusual to me to go to a different temple and see how it works. Everything is done the same, but the little things are different. How strange....

The church is true people!!!!!!

The thing that I love the best, the most interesting thing to me, is that when you look at a temple in a book or calendar or any other way, they seem to be these grand, majestic buildings that no one can touch. That there is nothing surrounding it. It is almost like an island. Or at least a building on an island. But this is the fun part: they're not. They are surrounded by many things. Things you wouldn't think would be next to a temple. The temple is Ogden is on a main street. It has several buildings around it. Lots of traffic. Not on an island. Nope! Oh, and there's an old ice cream place not too far, so it's almost like you could go to the temple and then stop and get ice cream. WOO HOO!!!

Oh, and Salt Lake.....that temple is SURROUNDED!!!! There are buildings right around the temple that are bigger than the temple. In all the pictures it seems so HUGE!! Nope. It's big. You can see it from the interstate, but it's not on an island either.

What a strange thing. Maybe I just need to get out a little more often.

Oh well. Maybe I should go to Hawaii. That one's on an island....right????

5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm glad you went. I love the temple. I need to go. Hummm....maybe tomorrow. You got me a thinkin'. :)

Erica said...

Hawaii is awesome, but surrounded by and island school. The one cool thing is you can look out onto the ocean from the tiers going up to the temple. It's got GORGEOUS grounds. Drool.

Erica said...

Did i just seriously misspell something? was my comment even coherent? shoot me now. You can tell i am not in my right mind with drugs.

Rhia Jean said...

Isn't it great? My word verification word for the day is:
xpasht-anything that is not an island.

WhiteEyebrows said...

We miss you!