Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello Bloggie!!!!!

Hello Bloggie!!!!

Do you remember me????? I know it's been a long time. Ok, a really long time. But I'm still here!!!

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'll apologize again later. Can I write something now??
(hehe)

So let's see, what's happened to me in the last little while. Hmmmmm, not much. I mostly work. And work. And work. I'm getting as much overtime as I can possibly stand. It's actually not too bad, I like my work. They have been training me to be "the secretary" in the warehouse instead of "the girl that does pretty much everything without the title." So I sit in the office all day and create freight bills for the big beefy truck drivers (don't worry Erica, I'll save you some) that come to pick up the pallets of books that we've packed for the day to send out to different schools all over Utah and Nevada. I know, don't be jealous. It's not a job everyone can do. hehe. But honestly, I like the job. I like my boss and most of the people I work with and it's fun to work with my brother (I got him to come there too, it's fun).

A few weeks ago when I wasn't working on a Saturday morning, my brother and sister-in-law and I went out on their four wheelers to Farmington Canyon and had fun. It was nice to spend some time with them out in nature. I got some great pictures of the river as it went down through the mountains and I hope to get some one here so you can see them (if I can figure out how). It's funny but I'm not really that afraid of heights and of falling off the side of a mountain. It's so pretty up there that I figure if I fall, it will hurt, but I'll get to go to heaven so that would be fun.

Anyway, I've been having a hard time finding a singles ward. There are supposed to be four here and they are all in Salt Lake which is a nice little drive from Layton, but far to go to church. PLUS, the wards are supposed to be 31+, but I think it's really just 40-45. All the people have grey hair. I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!!!!! I do not have grey hair. I do not want to date someone with grey hair. Last night I went to a Single Adult Fireside in Sandy, (which was sooooo far away), and it really made me think that all the people must have been divorced, with or without kids, but mostly that I am not one of them. I feel like I stick out when I am there. I went with a few friends that I've made here, but we don't do a lot together, so basically it's me and these OLD PEOPLE!!!!

But on to better things. My brother, sister-in-law and I had to speak in Church yesterday. I was so proud of them. They both did a really good job. I know they were not exactly thrilled about it, but they really did a good job. My brother is so awesome and doesn't like to have attention drawn to him, but he is great really did well. He cried a little and I of course was Niagara Falls. It seems like I cry all the time. I would like to thank my father for that, "Mr. Weepy."

I got a calling in the Family Ward here. Guess what it is.........nope, you're wrong. I'm going to teach Relief Society on the 3rd Sunday. Which is this Sunday. I'm kind of overwhelmed. Erica and Allison, you taught Relief Society. Did you ever teach out of the Presidents of the Church manual? I'm looking at it and losing it. There is too much information and I'm not quite sure how to present it. I want handouts and quotes and scriptures, but I'm not sure how to do this one. Any ideas??? THANKS!!!!!

Ok, enough of that. I promised I would apologize again so here it is. I'M SORRY BLOGGIE!!!! And to my friends. I'm also very sorry. I know that I moved and that you miss me and have moved on with your lives, but I love to read your blogs and miss you all terribly. I looked the other day at flights to come home for a weekend. If I ever get around to picking one I'll let you know the exact day and time so you can devote your time to me. I'll spend time with my family during the day and we can hang at night. You know, dinner, dancing, pranks, the usual.

I really do miss you all and hope to write better in the future.

LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Well, it's about dang time! Good grief. ;) Unfortunately, I've never taught out of that manual. So, I'm of no help. Maybe Erica will have wisdom to impart.

Please visit! We were just talking about you this weekend. I miss you.

Erica said...

A) Are you saving me freight bills
or beefy men? I'm just sayin...

B) the greatest advice I ever got was from the Q&A teacher training broadcast that Elder Holland hosted a few years back and he said that you are NOT responsible to try to "finish" the lesson. If you go with what feels right in the lesson and you don't get to it all(as the lessons seem to have gone from like 5 pages to like 10 or more now in the manuals)it is OK if everyone had a spiritual experience. You don't have to cut people off to cram it all in or anything. Bless Elder Holland for clearing that up. Now if only any other teachers had actually seen that training we wouldn't have teachers saying please hold your comments- we have so much to cover today.

Rhia Jean said...

Ditto to Erica's B) comment. Hi Jen Jen! I missed you! I laughed at your comments about the singles ward. It's like that here too. Read my blog titled This Is Why I'm Still Single...you'll get a kick out of it.

Jessica said...

Hey, sounds like you are doing well and staying busy. Dan, William, and I will be out that way this summer - we should get together. Miss you and love you!